Judd's Folly, a History
The original manor was a large, mid-seventeenth century house (1652), possibly designed by Inigo Jones, built by Daniel Judde and known as Judde's Folly. The house was rebuilt in the early 19th century, but was for the most part destroyed by fire in 1961. It was then rebuilt yet again and functioned as a motel and leisure club. The current owner bought the hotel in 2009 and has overseen the ongoing development of the structure and site continuously.